Saturday, October 1, 2011

Homeschool Blindspots

I cannot give a true evaluation of homeschooling as a movement since I have only recently begun my journey.

However, after over a decade of watching and interacting with homeschooling families, I have had my private concerns. Now, some of these concerns have been voiced by a leader of this movement.

Exposing Major Blind Spots of Homeschoolers by Reb Bradley is a hard-hitting article that attracted scathing comments. It received greater exposure since it was republished at Joshua Harris' blog.

He recounts his own personal troubles with idealized homeschooling. And he explains how wide-spread the problems are before listing nine particular traps homeschooling families can fall into.

It is somewhat long as articles go but if you homeschool or wish to understand this culture then this is a must read.

I pray it will bring many to the crying need of homeschoolers and non-homeschoolers alike: repentance from sin and faith in Christ.

Read it now.

No comments: